- Little or no social security
- Over-inflated prices for food supplies
- Lack of savings force Wayuu to work daily
- Highly dependence on food markets in far-away cities
- Children suffer hunger due to school closures, where they have meals
As this crisis goes on, the biggest challenge for our partners, the Wayuu women, is to obtain the basic food items and supplies their families so desperately need. This is our most urgent task, so that Wayuu indigenous can continue to thrive.
Usually spring is Mama Tierra’s highest season. But during the COVID-19 Pandemic production has decreased, as boutiques stopped restocking Mama Tierra products. However, it is our great desire for the artisans to secure a full income, as Wayuu lack social securities and assistance from the state. This is why we are here asking for your help!
We truly appreciate any contribution towards getting food and safe water to our communities, so that our Mama Tierra families can overcome their crisis due to COVID-19.
The Mama Tierra Association Team